Arabian Oryx Camp: A Desert Sanctuary


My best summer yet happened in this camp. From the setting and services to food, everything was just perfect.

Just before I started my life here in Oman, I cannot contain myself to experience life in a desert. Well, not life as in living my life. But to be in there living the moment, wondering come what may. 

Arabian Oryx Camp is only one of the camps situated in the middle of Wahiba Sands. Similar to The View, it is not a type of hotel but a series of rooms ensuite with a private bathroom, air condition and other facilities and amenities that you can somehow expect in a hotel room.









Going to the golden sands of Sharqiyah desert was never part of the plan. After spending the night at The View, Al Hoota Cave is the next stop. But since the weather was not cooperating that time, the cave closed for public, unfortunately. And we did not want to go home just yet. So, another journey has started.

From The View, it was a 5-hour-drive to Al Wasil, where the meeting point is. And another 15-minute drive to the base camp. Bottled water and Arabic tea are available upon arrival.  We rushed to check-in because it was almost sunset and a perfect time for dune bashing. But, worry not. Because they pride themselves in providing their guests with top caliber service, they offered to bring our things to our room so we can proceed to our tour.








  • Sunset Desert Dune Bashing Trip

We left our stuff and hopped into our ride. Put on our seatbelts and ready ourselves for the extreme adventure that awaits us. We were so psyched as we go on into the spectacular dunes and thrilling ride like a roller coaster. This part of the trip was obviously the highlight of our stay.

  • Camel Safari

We went for a 15-minute camel ride the next day. I was not feeling excited at all because it was not my first time anymore. It felt surreal, though. Riding a camel in the desert is no comparison.

  • Quad Biking or All Terrain Vehicles (ATV)
  • Sand Surfing
  • Dinner on the Dunes
  • Camping
  • Visiting Bedouin House


They also have Majlis (a place of sitting) where you can go after a day's adventure in the dunes or just after eating to relax and listen to live music. You can take advantage of the free coffee, tea, and dates around the clock.




Have I mentioned the food? The package that we got includes buffet dinner and breakfast which offers continental dishes, vegetarian option, and mouthwatering authentic Arabic cuisine. Their restaurant is equipped with air-conditioning and has Arabian style floor level and English style seating facilities. 




If you want to experience Omani hospitality, Arabian Oryx Camp is the ultimate desert sanctuary with a kick of luxury.



Arabian Oryx Camp
P.O. Box 333, PC 421, Al Wasil Bidiya, Al Sharqiyah, Sultanate of Oman
+968 9442 1500
info@oryx-camp.com | arshad@oryx-camp.com

Share:

9 comments

  1. We are considering! Any ideas for pros and cons with 2 kids 2 and 5 years old? Greetings from London!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey,

    Thank you for sharing this Blog with us, I got to know many ideas about Travelling.
    Keep writing this kind of Blog.

    Thanks & Regards
    Oman Safari Tours

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, i think that i saw you visited my weblog so i came to “return the favor”.I am trying to find things to enhance my site!I suppose its ok to use some of your ideas!!
    desert safari

    ReplyDelete
  4. I must get across my appreciation for your kind-heartedness giving support to those people who have the need for assistance with in this situation. Your real commitment to getting the message up and down had been unbelievably effective and has usually helped folks like me to realize their goals. Your new helpful key points denotes this much a person like me and especially to my peers. Many thanks; from each one of us.
    desert safari

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there! Someone in my Myspace group shared this website with us so I came to give it a look. I'm definitely enjoying the information. I'm bookmarking and will be tweeting this to my followers! Outstanding blog and terrific style and design.
    morning desert safari dubai

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey.

    Thank you for this post with us, this give me a lot of information.
    Keep sharing such post in the future.

    Thanks & Regards
    Charan Jaimini
    Oman Tour

    ReplyDelete
  7. Arabian tales tours invite your adventure travel in Oman at the affordable price, if you are looking for the best locations trip that can come under your budget, you can visit us.

    ReplyDelete