Jebel Shams: Oman's Highest Mountain



Oman has been surprisingly beauteous to me. I have been judged this vast country negatively - calling it boring, old school and no life. But, I was completely wrong because Oman will amaze you with its natural beauty.







With an elevation of 9,934 feet, Jebel Shams has been called Grand Canyon of the Gulf, Mountain of the Sun and Oman's Highest Mountain. I was humble enough to have reached it's peaked, not by hiking or trekking, but by riding in a saloon car. Is not it, amazing? 



Jebel Shams is a 2-hour drive from Muscat which is accessible to Al Hamra Villages. And from there, it would take no longer than an hour to reach the final destination. As the road being rocky and steep, using a 4wd is commended. But as I have mentioned above, Kim and I traveled by a saloon car. Us feeling scared and doubtful, we saw a car shop and had the car checked if it is capable enough and in good condition. And, luckily it is. 


There is a Jebel Shams Resort if you are planning to stay overnight.










Share:

0 comments