Mackenzie's Cafe




Ever since, I was never a fan of eating sandwiches in restaurants, cafes or somewhere else. For me, it is only good eating it at home. It’s simple and doesn’t feel like it’s worth extra bucks just to have some outdoor. Right? So as far as my memory concerns, I have never ever ordered a sandwich before. But Mackenzie’s left me without a choice.


One afternoon, we decided to finally give it a try since we had an entertainer voucher (discount coupon) and it’s open. Usually, if it’s not close, the café’s under maintenance. But it’s a lucky day for us. Yey!


We arrived around 5:30 only to find out that they were closing at 6:00! We still opted in as we’re already there. The place looks fancy and gives you a cozy vibe which is perfect for an afternoon tea or for a cup of coffee.We were ushered to our seats and handed the menu right away. It’s simple yet extensive. Apart from that, they are also offering pies, quiche, salads, cakes and small bites in their display area at the counter. That’s why we had minutes before we know what to order. We ended up having their Sliced Angus Beef in grilled Panini, Angus Beef in wholemeal sliced bread, loaded baked potato and one of their Powershake - Boom Shakalaka for our drink to share.


The Boom Shakalaka was served first. It is a yogurt based drink mixed with banana and peanut butter. It was nice but not a thirst quencher. It wasn’t that cold that I wanted to ask for some crushed ice but that would be awkward, wouldn’t it? I was still satisfied, though. I ended up making it myself that night. Hahaha!

      

Moments later, the sandwiches and the potato were served. They all have a side dish of salad drizzled with vinaigrette, I believe. The Sliced Angus Beef in grilled Panini with horseradish & mature cheddar accompanied by caramelized onions & mixed leaves was heavenly good. The Panini was grilled perfectly and was buttery in taste but grease free (if you know what I mean). It was so crispy that you wanted to have a bite continuously because it just sounded well.  Everything in it complemented each other that left an impeccable impact in my mouth.


Their Angus Beef with truffle mayo & caramelized onions topped with parmesan shavings, wholegrain mustard & rocket was like a rock band. They’re many but they make sure that nothing will be left behind. You will get to taste each one of them and I must say, the wholegrain mustard was the rock star. I’m not a follower of any mustard but having it in whole grain is a different kind of story. It was like love at first taste. Hahaha! (Pardon me for being corny)


We had Angus sausage, red onion, truffle and roasted veg on our loaded baked potato. It was a whopping piece of goodness. I enjoyed every smashed especially when I added more salt on it. I’m a salty person.


I have nothing wrong to say about Mackenzie's Cafe. I was really impressed by everything. From their interior, ambiance and to the staffs that were friendly and attentive despite the fact that it was quite busy when we arrived. The food was just exceptional – not to mention that all are homemade. Definitely one for the books!


Here's my vlog featuring Mackenzie's Cafe. Kindly show some love by hitting the thumbs up button and subscribing to my channel. Thank you! :)



Mackenzie’s Café
Al Noor Plaza, Madinat Sultan Qaboos
+968 9777 6111

Share:

0 comments